The Integration Developer – Java, a position within the IT Department at Republic Services, is a moderately experienced role within the Enterprise Data Services group. The Integration Developer – Java is responsible for participating in a full agile development life cycle for design, build and testing of integration services. The Integration Developer – Java will know how to construct Web Services (SOAP and REST) and create reusable components to create business services. The Integration Developer – Java will work imbedded in agile teams supporting next generation technology projects in the Digital and CRM domains.
- Prepares detailed technical specifications from which complex programs will be written or configured.
- Writes high quality code according to specifications.
- Follows all required Company policies and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle.
- Assists others in defining application system scope and objectives through research and fact finding.
- Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
- Develops project plans for application software implementation activities of medium to high level of complexity.
- Maintains strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services.
- Supports and validates integration production release activities.
Creates and/or updates documentation necessary for each system
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in object-oriented programming and proficiency with the following tools or languages:
- Java and related components and frameworks;
- Web service protocols such as Spring, Hibernate, JPA, Maven;
- Application servers such as Tomcat;
- Unit test frameworks such as JUnit;
- Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins; and/or
- Source code control tools such as Git or GitHub
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with RDBMS.
- Experience with cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services and Azure
- Experience writing efficient SQL.
- Hands-on experience developing Java Message Services (JMS) using Java or another object orient languages
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts by designing and developing with abstraction, loose coupling, and cohesion in mind
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Thorough understanding and proven delivery experience within a Scrum/agile project lifecycle approach to software development
- Experience with Agile tools such as RallyDev
All qualified candidates should forward their resume to Wayne at email@example.com.
- Java Integration Developer $68 to 101