The ETL Developer II develops, configures, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software, enhancements to existing proprietary software or purchased software packages. In conjunction with functional users and IT Business Systems personnel, the ETL Developer II also assists with the design and documentation of the Company’s application software environment.
- Prepares detailed technical specifications from which complex data integration programs will be written or configured using Informatica suite of products.
- Writes high quality code using Informatica suite of products, and according to specifications.
- Reviews and approves code of junior developers
- Mentors junior developers in development techniques and standards.
- Follows all required Company policies and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle. Defines or may assist others in defining application system scope and objectives through research and fact finding.
- Builds mechanisms and reports exception feedback loops into the data integration processes.
- Works with data architects and staff engineers to develop data designs and standards.
- Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
- Develops project plans for application software implementation activities of low to medium level of complexity.
- Develops strong software vendor and business partner relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services.
- Conducts appropriate functional and performance testing to identify bottlenecks and data quality issues.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Statistics (willing to accept foreign education equivalent). (Required)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with ETL software development using Informatica to include installation, configuration, maintenance, enhancement, and support. (Required)
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with dimensional database modeling and with SQL 2012 database technologies including stored procedures, trigger, schemas, and tables.
- Ability to interact with IT personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Understands the need for and consistently practices effective teamwork with others.
- Strong background in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies.
- Experience prioritizing and managing assignments, tasks, and significant projects to completion with minimal supervision and supervising junior developers’ tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a detail oriented approach while multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in all currently supported application development standards in use at Republic Services.
- Ability to provide assistance with creation and maintenance of development standards in use
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals.
- High level of proficiency in the programming language or other development tools used in specific area of responsibility.
All qualified candidates should forward their resume to Wayne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ETL Developer II $77 to 111